Saturday, January 18, 2014

Can you even here me??

 Yes, I know I spelled hear the wrong way in the title! But I did it on purpose. Well actually to tell you the truth it was more of a Freudian slip (psych class word!!!). In my top drawing you can probably see that I have the wrong hear as well. That was me being an idiot. But when I finally realized my mistake, I liked it. It seems like that simple question is becoming more complex. Can you hear me?  Do you even know that I'm here? Do I matter to you at all?



These two drawings are based off the same theme. I drew the one on bottom first, but decided that it would be deeper if you only saw the lips. The premise of these drawings is that a lot of times I feel ignored. Mainly because when I talk people stop listening. They tune me out, or start talking to someone else, or sometimes even walk away. I even had a friend once who would tell me "I'm not listening anymore." As you can imagine, this made me feel very unimportant. Which is a very hard thing to feel.  Not in the sense that its a lot of work, but in the sense that it takes a toll on you. It's depressing is basically what I'm trying to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment