Friday, January 17, 2014

Build Bridges Not Walls!

"I'm beginning to think walls are a very unhealthy thing...."

"Walls to keep the sadness out also keep out the joy...."

Many people build walls. Not to keep others out, but to see who cares enough to break them down. I am coming forward now, and admitting that I am one of those people. I built a wall around my mind so high, I thought it would never fall. But now brick by brick its coming down. The problem is if you build your walls without any support, the higher they get, the less sturdy they become. And the walls kept tumbling down in the city that we love...(guess the song).

Anyway this is a picture of my brain behind a wall. As you can see, there is someone at the wall. I haven't decided if he/she is knocking or waving yet, so I'll let you decide. Either way this person is trying to get my attention. It is often thought that people will keep building walls even after someone tries to break them down. We get scared of getting hurt, or hurting somebody else. But the thing is. We have to at least try to break down these walls, and let people in. Because if we don't, people will become tired of trying to break down the walls people will begin to give up and walk away.

So in the wise words of Joseph Campbell "Follow your bliss and the universe will open doors for you, where there were once only walls."

No comments:

Post a Comment