Monday, February 25, 2013

Transformation

In art therapy for the past few weeks we have been in the process of making clay containers in which we would keep our soul. For a while I couldn't figure out what to do. However after a lot of thinking, and well to be honest letting my mind wander far off task, I came up with the idea of my soul in a cocoon. However I didn't really know how to make a cocoon out of clay. So instead I made a caterpillar and a butterfly.  I made them to show the stages in which I was going through, and that was why I made my soul container a cocoon. Metamorphosis: a marked change. I am changing. I am growing. I am getting better, and so I am in my cocoon and soon I will be a beautiful butterfly! 
I added words to both my butterfly and my caterpillar. On my Butterfly I wrote Fly High, because I want to go far in life. I want to "Fly high" and reach my goals. On my caterpillar I wrote Stronger, because although right now I may feel little and weak one day I will be big and strong, and I must be stronger now to push through my adversities, and overcome my challenges.


1 comment:

  1. Well said and well done, Erin. Sorry it took so long for me to find your post - but I've been quietly observing your transformation. :-)

    ReplyDelete